Earlier today I received an email from the Peace Corps’ staging department informing me that it is finally time to make my travel arrangements to Miami! I can’t believe how fast time has flown by, and how little time I have left before I depart for Ecuador.
image
In just a little under a month I will be saying goodbye to the US and hello to Ecuador and the Peace Corps for the next two years.
Staging will take place in Miami (which was actually a bit of a surprise, because I had originally thought we would be going to DC), and will only last one day! For some reason, I had thought that staging was usually 2-3 days long, but I guess maybe it’s different depending on the country and the sector you are going in to. So as it now stands, I will be arriving to Miami on the 25th, spending the 26th meeting the other volunteers and going through staging, and then early on January 27th we will all be flying to Quito. I can’t believe this is happening.